– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Msgm Women's Clothing Jeans - MDP58L284 Made in blueeSPECTACULAR NWT SOLD OUT ROBERTO CAVALLI FLORAL JEANSDondup - Jeans, Trousers, leg - Woman - White - 5940609C190847Chunky Oatmeal Hand Knitted Aran Cardigan Medium With Leather Buttons
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ICONIC FASHION HOODY MENS LADIES HOODIES QUALITY WARM DESIGN TOP W72-OMG40
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
JAMES MEADE burgundy 100% alpaca Cardigan Size L Chest 44
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
NEW CREWCUTS SPARKLY POPOVER SWEATER WITH SHIRT-TAIL US SIZE 16 34-36 Womans Pure Wool Cardigan Size XLNWOT Isaac Mizrahi Live Essentials Elbow Sleeve Cardigan Size LargeBKE Long Cardigan Sweater Size Small
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
LANDS' END LT(14-16) Supima Cotton Lace Overlay Cardigan Sweater NWTVTG Old Glory Men's Navy Patriotic USA Flag Knit Sweater Sz LWomens Paraphrase warm Sweater Cardigan Sz Large 100% Wool Floral ART TO WEAR
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Anthropologie Dolan Open Front Cardigan Size S Small Hooded Beige NWTSweaterworks Open Cardigan Sweater Crochet Multi colord Trim Large BeigeBelle Kim Gravel goldtone Zip Ribbed Knit Sweater Claret Red L NEW A297599
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | A.L.C. NEW Medium Wash bluee Womens USA 10 Button-Fly Wide-Leg Jeans 419? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
CARDIGAN TIROLESE VINTAGE women GIESSWEIN ART.7092NEW Chenille Open Cardigan Knit Winter Fall Sweater Multiple colors & Sizes SoftThree Dots Cardigan Navy sz XS
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Sail To Sable Cable-Knit SweaterNWT TALBOTS WOMEN’S COTTON FOXY GENTLEMEN 3 4 SLEEVE SWEATER TOP SIZE PNWT prAna Womens Gemma Sweater, Tidal Teal, Medium