– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Rihanna River Island gold Christmas mini dressFeminine&Romantic MONSOON Pippa ivory coral floral pleated sweetheart maxi 16Hobbs occasion elegant&flattering sparkle Gia Wrap Dress midnight UK size 8New Without Tags Navy Dress Claudie Pierlot Size 36 195 Euros
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ZARA STUDIO MIDI KLEID SPITZE TASCHEN DUNKELblue NAVY DRESS LACE GUIPURE
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Pakistani Indian Embroidered Silk Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
ROXY LAGUNA DRESS BLEACH L VESTITO CANOTTA women NEW SS 2013Maeve Geometric Midi Dress Bell Sleeve Womens MFree People Dress Womens Simone Sz Medium LS Shift Beige Cream Lace Floral BohoWomen Three Quarter Sleeve 2pcs Knee-length Lace Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Haute Hippie Ivory Silk Dress size LargeTAKA BY TAKAWEAR Long Lounge Cotton Dress Boho Size XS Trumpet Sleeve BeadedMarmot Annabelle Dress (Wm's) teal tide sunfall
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Nicole Miller Womens Palmingo Crepe Caftan - Multicolor Size P S NWTwomen RICO DRESS LENGTH 41 LINED LAVENDER RETAIL 18 NEW WITH TAGWomen's Ann Taylor Pastel Floral Print Linen Drop Waist Dress Size 10
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NEW Pashma Petanu Anthropologie Silk Poncho Dress Cover Up Top OS S M L RP? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
CAMEO C MEO COLLECTIVE Entitle Vanilla Floral Print Sleeveless Shift Dress Sz SST JOHN EVENING Beige White Honeycomb Santana Knit Paillette Halter Dress sz 4Royal bluee prom dress size 8 perfect condition with tags
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
NWT Parker M Medium One Shoulder Ruffle Dress greenical Striped bluee UnlinedDiane Von Furstenberg Sequin Beaded Dress AU8 US4Karina Grimaldi Womens Pink Silk Above Knee Party Mini Dress S BHFO 6713