– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
TORN BY RONNY KOBO CELINA SCARF PRINTED MAXI DRESS, SZ SADRIANNA PAPELL DRESS SIZE 12 NEW WITH TAG CHERRY RETAIL LENGTH 38 LINED ELIZA J PEPLUM LACE OVERLAY SHEATH DRESS sz 2Charlie Jade Women's Dress 100% Silk Draped One Shoulder Small Retails
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Cynthia Rowley Womens Dress Size S bluee Solid Sleeveless Casual Above Knee
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Beige by eci Aqua Maxi Dress Sz Small Sleeveless Long Patio Summer
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
NEW Laundry Shelli Segal Womens Dress Size XS bluee Shift Tunic Knee LengthNicole Miller Navy bluee Ruched Accent One Shoulder Dress Size 2Women Lularoe Nicole Solid gold Tan Textured Fit Flare Dress Size SNWOT JULIAN TAYLOR PURPLE TIERED DRESS 16P
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Size 4 Theory Cream Drop Waist DressThe Top Layer Asymmetrical Maxi DressMary McFadden Green Navy bluee Striped Sleeveless Dress Excellent Size Small S
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
SHOSHANNA 100% Cotton Paisley Strapless Dress, size 4Diane von Furstenberg size 10 sleeveless knit silk dress empire waistNWT Zara Women Basic Collection Red T-shirt Long Sleeve with Frill Dress Size S
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | L VICTORIA SECRET MODA Stretch Dress Full Lenght Maxi A-Line COLD SHOULDERS NEW? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Antonio Melani Womens Dress Size 0 Red Satin One Shoulder Ruffle Wiggle SheathVintage Chris Kole Couture Floor Length Gown Pristine Size 8Ava & Viv Women's Plus Size bluesh Pink Floral High Low Dress 2X 20W 22W
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Alex Evenings NEW Purple Womens Size 12P Petite Beaded Sheath Dress 940Evan-Picone Women's Teal bluee Marilyn Monroe Style Dress Size 4women MORGAN Anthropologie Brown gold Beaded Pleated Formal Party Dress Size 4