– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
NEW Current Elliott The Indio Sleeveless Dress Womens Sz 3 NWT bluee StripeJulia Jordan Vestido Nueva con Etiqueta Largo 37 Elástico Nwt XOXO Wear to Work Belted Sheath Sleeveless Dress Sz 5 6 Juniors RedBollywood Saree Party Ethnic Wedding Indian Pakistani Designer silk Sari- sa80
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
RetroSleeveless Women Summer Cotton Linen Dress Long Loose Maxi Casual Dress XXL
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Awe Of You Womens Ponte-Knit Fit & Flare Shift Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Gap XXL RED DRESS FOR WOMENNew INC womens off the shoulder dress size medium bluee long sleevesNEW Hot Beautiful High Quality DressEliza J Navy bluee Seamed Cap Sleeve Dress EJ7M5812 Size 16
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
NWOT J Crew Sun-Faded Pink Tropical Sheath Dress Size 00Bebe Andi Choker Dress Dusty Pink Bodycon Size Medium NWT STYLEINC International Concepts Long Dress Sleeveless bluee Multi S NWOT
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Vintage 60’s Handmade Knit Peek-a boo Pink Long Sleeve DressEliza J New York Ivory Green Floral Print Midi Dress Maxi Spring Size 12 WeddingNEW Trina Turk Womens Size 2 Silk Coral Troubadour Medallion Print A-Line Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Chaps Navy bluee Floral Halter Dress Size 22w? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
NWT Ann Taylor Loft bluee Tweed Sleeveless Shift Dress Size 26 26W CareerJulie Brown Women's Soft Drape Knot Stretch Sleeveless Dress Green Olive Khaki MYoung, Fabulous & Broke 'Jasmin' Print Romper Jumpsuit Dress Tied Dyed Size L
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Ann Taylor Loft women's bluee sleeveless lined dress NWT size 12NEW GAP blueE PLAID TIE BELT SHIRT DRESS MEDIUMRalph Lauren Sport Women Medium Dress Equestrian Shift Faux Leather Pima Cotton