– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
NWT Womens Nicole Miller Size 10 Tiered Skirt Fit & Flare Mini Dress blueeNWT JESSICA SIMPSON Fit & Flare Lime Green 100% Silk Party Dress Women Sz 10Langes blackes Stretchkleid von soyaconcept, neu, 31872-30Athleta Pacifica Pleated Dress, Wild Bloom SIZE XXS E815
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Robe MY DESIGN T 42 XL 4 black + Floral Volant Dentelle Tunique NEUF Dress Kleid
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
IKRUSH Womens Petra Eslogan De Gran Tamaño Puente
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Taylor Womens Shift Dress, 8, PurplePEYTON PLACE Dresses 288260 WhiteｘBeigeｘMulticolor MShow Me Your Mumu Womens Circus Shift Dress, L, blueeEva Franco Womens Shift Dress, 6, bluee
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Dress short suit sheath dress élégant green lace slim soft mode sleeve 4895DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN kleid 42Yesta by X-Two Stretch Kleid Long Tunika Gr.50 52 XL gemustert pastellfarben NEU
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
HANDMADE ONE SHOULDER WHITE DRESSTunique Femme Voodoo Ivoire 36 (S T1)A199.427NEU Designer-Optimizer-Prinzesskleid, black-creme, Gr. 38, Ashley B
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NWT FREE PEOPLE Sz XS PRINTED MINI SHEER SYMPHONY TUNIC SLIP DRESS TOP PETAL? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
NICOWA KLEID GR 40 black & NEUWERTIG - LUXUS PUR ( N 2734 R )Rat Baby Kleid RITUAL DRESS - EAT PIZZA OR DIESEXY abito vestito leopard sinuoso elasticizzato taglia s m Fashion GLAMOUR
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Fit Flare Maxi Dress Strap Mesh Spaghetti Womens Geometric Sleeveless A Line NewC MEO Collective bluee Women's Size XL Ruffle High Low Sheath Dress -Sandra Darren Women's 1 Pc Extended Shoulder Jacquard Dress - Choose SZ color