– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Large Lularoe Amelia Dress - Floral Print - New with Tags NWT Top Shop Floral Cold Shoulder Slip Dress Sz 4Betsy and Adam One Shoulder Jewel Dress - Size 4Veronica M Dress XS NWOT
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Ani Lee Charlene Strapless Plunge Mini Dress Sz 2 Msrp
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Jones New York Red Sleeveless Linen Pleated Belted Mid-Calf Dress 24W Plus - NEW
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Express Tie Sleeve Ponte Shift Dress Sz Medium NwtLadies Womens Dress Mini Crocheted BodyconLilly Pulitzer Strapless Dress Size 4Betsey Johnson Hippie Boho Prairie Dress Size 2
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Escada Silk and Wool Dress, Size 40 (US size 8)En Créme Sheer Lace DressTalbots Red Lace Cutout Dress size 4
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
NWT Milly New York Green Tiger Print Silk dress lined with a bow size 4Lily Pulitzer S Small Dress Crochet Coral orange Short Sleeve Knee LengthSoft Surroundings Cold Shoulder Dress Green Medium SS
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | KORIRL dress free brooch lace tiered people layered knit crochet M L? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Alex Evenings petitie 12P dressGorgeous shimmery Teal hugs your body dress by Tawny sz L ribbed to hide flawsORG SZ-OS Riller & Fount orange Mini Caftan
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
ITALIAN COTTON DRESS SIZE SEVA pink ELEGANT pink OMBRE SLEEVELESS SEQUIN DRESS SIZE MKaren Kane NEW bluees,Beige Size Large L Ruffled Maxi Dress