– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Jones New York 16W 1X Floral Watercolor 3 4 Sleeve Mid Calf Length Wrap DressNEW Boutique Wanna B McKenna Floral Wrap Maxi Dress Sizes S, M, LANTONIO MELANI Peach Linen Blend Sheath Dress 12 w BeltAntonio melani Kent dress NWT Sz 0
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
NIC+ZOE Woman’s Plus Size 3X Sheath Dress RED White print Sleeveless NWOT
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Madewell bluee Stripe Lace Up Sleeve Dress XXS EUC
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Lilly Pulitzer Pink Design Wool & Viscose Strapless Dress Fully Lined Size 8 Spencer Jeremy Size 10 Brown Sundress100% AUTHENTIC NWT BEBE TANK LOGO DRESS SIZE XLNEW London Times Plus Size 22W Maxi Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Anthropologie Moulinette Soeurs Bolero Silk Dress Size 2Rebecca TaylorStretch Floral DressSoft PastelsCurpo Cotton BlendSz 12EUCConnected Cutout Sequined Lace Gown Navy Size 16
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Julian Taylor New York size 18 W sleeveless Dress 100% polyester floral printJWLA Johnny Was Womens Floral Embroidery Cap Sleeve Dress XSNWT Rodarte Target Peach bluesh Pink Nude Bow Tulle Mesh Slip A line Lace Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Sz S BCBG Maxazria Royal bluee Fitted Sleeveless Sheath Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Adrianna Papell Navy Gunmetal Sequined Off-The-Shoulder Sheath Dress 4Lauren by Ralph Lauren NEW Pink Womens Medium M Keyhole Sheath Dress 635Polo Ralph Lauren NEW bluee Womens Size 14 Monogram Striped Shirt Dress 093
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Beautifully ballerina dress sleeveless MCache Red Bodycon Dress Sleeveless Woman's Sz 2JOSEPH RIBKOFF Bodycon Pencil Dress Vintage Style WMNS US Size 8 ()