– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
TALBOTS LACE 3 4 SLEEVE SHEATH DRESS NEW SIZE 8PNWT Umgee boutique designer BOHO XL cotton gauze hippie festival tunic dressSOMA bluee Print Soft Stretch Jersey Dress Large LNEW French Connection Womens Maudie Cold Shoulder Midi Party Red Dress Sz 4 XS
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
NEW KARDASHIAN KOLLECTION MULTI COLOR CONFETTI PRINT WRAP DRESS X-SMALL XS
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
PERCEPTIONS Floral orange Stretch Women Dress Set. Size 3X. New With Tags.
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Ann Taylor LOFT Striped Dress with pinkttes Size 14P NWTBRYN CONNELLY-LADIES Women's DRESS GREEN SIZE 10 VTGNWT Bill Levkoff One Shoulder FloralFull Length Formal Evening Gown Green 8New Ruby Rox Retro Pinup B&W Floral Red Corsage Strapless Dress W Tulle Skirt 11
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
VINCE Drawstring Waist Dress M L Turquoise bluee Casual Sundress MinimalistCloth & Stone XS Dark Grey Sleeveless Dress Heathered Knee Length AnthropologieAnthropologie Parkbound Watermelon One Shoulder Dress HD In Paris Print 2P
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Firetrap Dames jurk Zwart 119032 BEWomens J Crew Sleeveless Stretch Sheath Career Dress Size 4BEBE Beautiful Wide Sleeve Ombre DressSize S
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | NEW Free People Ivory Lace Embellished Dress Size S 4 6 ? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Trina Turk Abstract Print Tunic Dress Size 4 Silk Cheetah Watercolor bluee PinkADRIANNA PAPELL WOMEN'S LADIES FORMAL GOWN. FULL LENGTH DRESS SIZE 8NWoT CLOTH & STONE Anthropologie Size S Button-Down Plaid Shirt Dress SOFT
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
J Crew Womens Dress Size S Navy bluee Sheath Silk 3 4 Sleeve Above Knee CasualBoden Purple Pink Floral Easy Day Dress Size 12 Viscose Blend Bright SpringLuLaRoe Carly Geometric new design short sleeve Dress MEDIUM M unicorn HTF