– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Airfield Blazer Gr. 2XL brown Schulterklappen Label Appikation (BB1540)STRENESSE KLEID GR 36 grey - green & 100% LEINEN ( N 3772 )Peter O. Mahler Kleid T-Shirt Shirt Transparente Arme Gr. XS-XL BaumwolleBENCH KLEID GR L PINK MIT MUSTER & TREND - NEUWERTIG ( N 1313 )
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ADRIANNA PAPELL NWT IVORY Lace Flare Dress 3 4 Sleeve NEW size 8
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Elegant Formal Ladies Floral Print Party Summer Short Sleeve Fashion Clothes New
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Flutter Cotton Lace DressRACHEL Rachel Roy Women's Sequined Long Sleeve DressNWT Free People Lace Coral DressGap Sleeveless Tie-Waist Bib Front Shirtdress, sz XL TALL Spring 2018
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Draper James Medium 3 4 Sleeve Multi-color Chrysanthemum Flower Shift DressWOMENS THE LIMITED SIMPLE BELTED DRESS MEDIUM TALLNEW Free People Slip Dress Printed Emily y208
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Ann Taylor LOFT Multicolord Striped Sleeveless Sheath Dress XXSP NWTNicole By Nicole Miller Floral Sun Dress Size 4Corey Lynn Calter Silk Bird Print Babydoll Mini Tunic Dress Size 4 Mauve
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Sheego Abendkleid Eventkleid Kleid Gr. 42 - 58 2 in 1 Effekt (456) Vokuhila? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Rendezvous by Paul & Joe Sister Cap Sleeve Polka Dot White Shirt Dress Size XSMNG NEW Womens Royal bluee Sheath Dress Size XS Short Exposed full length zipperProSphere Women's University of Utah Ripple Dress (Utah)
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Chetta B Robe Neuf Evec Etiquettes Détail 2 Doublé Coton whiteNEW BUTTERCUP POWERPUFF GIRLS Green Triangle Print Dress HOT TOPIC EXC. JRS.NWT HAILEY LOGAN Royal bluee Party Cruise Dress 5