– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Vtg 90s Eddie Bauer Womens Sweater Floral Ragg Wool Fair Isle Winter Tan, PurpleSusan Graver Sweater Knit Open Front Cardigan w Zipper Detail NWOT TAN XXS QVCNEW J Crew Factory Womens Sweater Size S Teal bluee Solid Cardigan Cotton TopVintage 70s Hippie JC Penney Poncho Cape Shawl Cream Brown Button Down Collar
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Croft & Barrow Province bluee & White Stripe Layered Sweater BNWT; Sz L
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Shin Choi pink Red 100% Cashmere Women’s Short Sleeve Sweater, Size M
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Bailey 44 Sweater - XS - New With Tag100% Cashmere Cardigan Sweater Med M APT 9 Brown Tan Argyle Soft Career WorkL.L. Bean Nordic Sweater L Red WhiteAdrianna Papell Ruffle Hem Sweater
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Anthropologie Guinevere Size XS Sweater Top Lightweight Open Weave Teal GreenLularoe Solid Red Sarah Size SmallAnthropologie pins & needles maroon red wool cardigan sweater XS or 4
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Womens EASEL STRIPED KNITTED SWEATER TOP color Mauve Size M NWT(R1) Debenhams olive green elasticated ladies top viscose mix size 14White Stuff Apple grove grey cardi Size 12 RE077 FF 04
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | New Ladies Long Sleeve Fine Knit Cardigan bluee Beige Red Bags Size 40 42 44 46? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
BALL OF COTTON Women's Beige Viscose Knit Jumper Small New Without TagsEileen Fisher Woman Pink Linen Open Front Sweater Top Cardigan Plus 2XStunning St. John bluee White Striped Clear Sequin Sparkle Tank Top Sweater Sz M
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Women's oversize sweater with intarsia design of rhombuses in the fron - 018392New womens Chaps white w bluees green floral print sweater Petite MediumMustang Women's Poncho, Size XS S M, L, XL WOW